TO ORGANISE A DURABLE ARCHIVE
OF YOUR VALUABLE ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS
ARCHIVING ON DISK OR TAPE
OR BY PHYSICAL ANALOGUE BACKUP IS A PROBLEM
• The magnetic medium is based on a physical model which is unstable by nature and which, over time, requires numerous maintenance and migration operations due to the programmed obsolescence of the high-tech equipment required for replay.
• The analogue physical (photocopy, microfilm, photo print, etc.) inherently degrades the digital original because much of the information related to the original is not transferable when saved.
SERVER-BASED MAGNETIC ARCHIVING (CLOUD OR LTO) OPENS A LEGAL LOOPHOLE
• with regard to the security requirements of the GDPR for personal data
ANALOG PHYSICAL ARCHIVING IS A LEGAL WEAKNESS
• In the face of the reasonable protection requirements of the European 2016 Law of Trade Secrets.
• Because it permanently removes the original quality of any digital file such as CAD, drawings, word processing documents, PDF, photographs, video, audio or multimedia recordings.
ARCHIFLIX : A DURABLE ARCHIVING MEDIUM THAT IS RELIABLE
AND ADAPTED TO YOUR VALUABLE DATA
ARCHIFLIX USES FILM AS A DURABLE,
HIGH-QUALITY OPTICAL MEDIUM
• Allows preserving data for periods compatible with legal requirements
• Remains readable throughout its life time, thanks to an accessible retrieving system that has the same durability
• No need for data sustainability monitoring or for upgrades of the retrieving technology
THIS SYSTEM MAY BE PART OF THE REASONABLE PROTECTION MEASURES PROVIDED BY:
• 2016/943 Directive (EU) of June 8, 2016 on the protection of undisclosed know-how and business information (trade secrets)
• The GDPR for personal data
• CNC recommendations for film, video, audio and media works
that meets French and European regulatory requirements